Co-op Staff Digs Deep
The tough economic times that continue to plague our nation could not stop the employees of The Pittsfield Cooperative Bank from reaching into their own pockets to donate $11,543 during their 2011-12 United Way Campaign. The staff's collective contributions to the Berkshire Chapter marked a 12% increase from the previous year. Soon after all employee contributions had been tabulated, the Bank announced that it would match the staff’s donation thus bringing the campaign’s total to $23,086.
You Go Girl!
The Co-op has donated $10,000 to the Gladys Allen Brigham Community Center, Inc. – home to Girls Incorporated of the Berkshires (Girls, Inc.) which just celebrated its 100th year in Pittsfield. A $5,000 donation was made this past March as part of the GO GIRL! campaign. Another $5,000 will be contributed in March of 2013.
Girls Inc. was renamed the Gladys Allen Brigham Community Center, Inc. at a dedication ceremony in 2005 – honoring the memory of a woman who epitomized community service in Berkshire County for much of the 20th century. Girls Inc. remains a program department within the organization. From their humble beginnings as the Young Women's Home Association in 1911 on Bank Row to the current location at the Brigham Center, Girls Inc. has grown into the premiere leadership program in Berkshire County. Each year, nearly 1,000 girls from 22 towns take part in their programs.
The Brigham Center, located at 165 East Street, also houses five other separate and unique programs: ABC School Age Enrichment, Aquatics, Camps Stevenson-Witawentin, Early Childhood Education and Youth Empowerment Services (YES). The Brigham Center's mission is to empower our youth – with a special emphasis on girls – to become responsible, confident and personally fulfilled individuals.
A pillar of our community, the Brigham Center has more than 4,000 members and serves more than 12,000 individuals annually.
CONTRIBUTIONS GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION
(FOR REQUESTS OF $500.00 OR LARGER)
The Pittsfield Cooperative Bank is dedicated to supporting community organizations that contribute to the quality of life in the communities in which The Co-op maintains its offices.
The following guidelines should assist you in proposal preparation. Like most giving programs, we receive far more requests for support than we can approve. We encourage all organizations, whether they receive a contribution or not, to keep us informed of their activities. This may prove to be helpful for future reviews and considerations for awards. Please keep in mind that guidelines are flexible and may change.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION & ATTACHMENTS:
When preparing your request include a concise explanation of your organization’s mission, as well as pertinent other facts, such as your geographic reach, number of clients served, programs in place, etc. and how this population will benefit from the project or grant. Please be sure to label each attachment in the upper right corner.
- The Bank will not consider multiple requests from the same organization in the same year.
- The requesting organization must provide a cancelled check (for direct payment purposes).
- The Bank may only fund requests from organizations with 501(c) (3) not-for profit status and/or those with “public charity” status or its equivalent.
- The Bank’s source areas are the communities in which the Pittsfield Cooperative Bank maintains its headquarters or a branch office. The Bank is particularly interested in areas where the Bank is an integral part of the neighboring business community.
- In some cases, site visits will be scheduled before funding decisions are made.
- Organizations receiving awards are expected to submit an update to the Bank upon completion of the project funded.
- Organizations will not automatically be considered for funding the following year.
Requests for contributions will be considered by the Contributions Committee on a monthly basis. It is recommended that requests be submitted by the first of the month.
Email requests to email@example.com, fax to (413) 448-2080 or
The Pittsfield Cooperative Bank
70 South Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Please complete our Contributions Request Application.